VETERANS DAY

Administrator Posting Only.

Daily Update

[ Daily Update ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Faye Bell on November 06, 2011 at 20:23:37:

This is the day our nation has set aside to honor those brave men and women who have so fervently fought throughout the pages of history to keep America the land of the free. I once read somewhere that in the very beginning of our national life, it was said that America is "great" because America is "good". I can't help but believe that if America ceases to be good, she will cease to be great. It seems that today so many Americans have stopped acting in terms of their own moral, ethical, and religious beliefs and principles. They have stopped acting on what they know to be right -- and the "me" has become the measure of everything. However, I believe that moral societies are the only ones that can truly work. If anyone thinks there is not a direct relationship between personal integrity in a society and that society's prosperity, that person just hasn't read the history of nations who prosper, or fail.

America's greatness can be contributed to a number of different reasons -- her HISTORY, her ARMED FORCES, her KNOWLEDGE, her WEALTH, her ALLIANCES, etc. I am sure that the greatness of our nation may be tied to some, or all of these things, but our true greatness is the result of people who have enlisted their lives to fight the GOOD FIGHT for FREEDOM of our great America. However, the importance of getting back to acting in terms of moral, ethical, and religious beliefs and principles cannot be forgotten. Today, with so many pulling in so many directions in America, the faltering of our nation is not a matter of finances, a poor economy, or the lack of adequate leadership. Our nation falters when those of us who lack the devotion, personal involvement, and dedication to keeping the America we love -- a place where we can be proud of our moral and ethical standards.

To all of those who have dedicated their lives, whether in a big way or in a small way, we thank you and salute you for your sincere efforts to maintain our way of life for those who will come after our generation. The thought comes to my mind of a line from a movie, "A Few Good Men", that said, "You don't have to wear a uniform to have honor." How true -- we all can have honor by doing whatever our part may be in helping this wonderful nation of America become even greater than it is.

OUR NATION WILL REMAIN THE LAND OF THE FREE ONLY SO LONG AS IT IS THE HOME OF THE BRAVE ... Elmer Davis

Return to the Daily Update

This message board was specially modified and setup by

Thunder Rain Marketing Internet Publishing

For the GWTWMemories.com Website