BRANSON

Administrator Posting Only.

Daily Update

[ Daily Update ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Faye Bell on February 29, 2012 at 23:12:06:

[Note: Photos above taken October 30, 2011]

As many of you already know, an awful tornado hit Branson, Missouri last night/this morning around 1:30 a.m. When I heard about it early this morning, my first thought was of the safety of the Gone With the Wind Museum in Branson and its owner, Dr. Novella Perrin. The museum had its Grand Opening in June, but due to circumstances beyond my control, I was not able to get to Branson until the end of October last year. My trip was certainly well worth it, as Novella has certainly created a First Class museum for all of her guests to thoroughly enjoy!

When Novella called me this morning and I saw the caller ID, I immediately answered with "Please tell me some good news!". Thankfully, she was able to do just that! She later sent emails to many people who have inquired about the situation today, so I am going to share her words with you:

----- "Thanks to all who have called and been concerned but the museum in Branson is unharmed by the tornado. Thanks to God it hit all around us but we sustained no real damage. There are a few shingles and a couple of pieces of siding off the building but amazingly our sign out front is totally intact. We have no electricity and they do not expect it to be repaired till tomorrow.

The Hilton across the street had all of its windows blown out and if you have been to Branson and remember where the McDonalds was just two blocks up the street then you have some idea where the real damage starts. The McDonalds is gone and the tornado went right down 76 Highway also called the strip. I cannot tell you how bad it is up there because they are not letting anyone in the area.

Thanks for your concern and please keep in your prayers all of those who have not been as fortunate as we have been. -----"

Good news has once again reached us relative to two of the biggest GWTW collectors and the possible loss of their collection. Both have been so close together -- first, Herb Bridges and the fire which damaged part of his collection, and now Novella's museum and a close call with a tornado.

On a personal note, two months before my husband and I got married, a tornado hit my family's home on April 4th at 8:20 a.m. (a day and time I will never forget) and my family and I lost everything we had; nothing was saved. Unless you have stood and looked at what made up the material things in your life that were destroyed within a just a few short seconds, you can never really understand how it feels. Our thoughts and prayers are certainly with all of those who have been affected by this tragedy.

Return to the Daily Update

This message board was specially modified and setup by

Thunder Rain Marketing Internet Publishing

For the GWTWMemories.com Website