LIMITED -VINTAGE- ITEM: LOEW'S GRAND THEATRE CARPETING

Administrator Posting Only.

Daily Update

[ Daily Update ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Faye Bell on November 19, 2014 at 16:40:39:

-VINTAGE- ITEM FOUND IN STORE ROOM - LOEW'S GRAND THEATRE ORIGINAL CARPETING THAT WAS IN THE THEATRE AT THE TIME OF THE PREMIERE OF GONE WITH THE WIND.

First of all I need to apologize for the quality of the two photos. The overhead lights just would not cooperate and we finally just gave up. We are sure you will be more than pleased with the actual shadow box.

Available only as long as they last, the shadow box has been created with what I had left from the carpeting I purchased at Christie's auction in 2002 in New York. The larger carpet piece was part of the Gone With the Wind private collection of Herb Bridges. I have just recently come across this carpeting that had been sealed in a box in a storage room for the past 12 years and still looks wonderful! The photo to the right of the carpet piece shows Margaret Mitchell at the door of the theatre and the carpeting can be seen quite well.

The outside measurements of the carpeting shadow box are 11" x 14". It is made of a very nice black wood that will go with any decor. With having it cut into smaller pieces, I was able to get a little more shadow boxes from the remaining carpet. The larger piece display that I had sold back in 2002, sold at auction for over $1,000.00+20% (sorry, but I don't remember the exact total) and was a wall hanging display. The shadow box carpet piece is smaller and allows you to put it up on the wall, or sit it on a shelf or table.

Unfortunately, for the true collectors, I only have 10 of these shadow boxes available. The professional framer is in the middle of finishing the other shadow boxes at this time, but when the 10 are gone, that's it. Needless to say, this would make a wonderful authentic collectible for the true GWTW enthusiast -- and just in time for Christmas! If you are interested, place your order now. It does come with a Certificate of Authenticity.

The shadow box may be seen in the HOME DECOR category of the web site -- www.gwtwmemories.com -- or by clicking on the following link to the product page.

Return to the Daily Update

This message board was specially modified and setup by

Thunder Rain Internet Publishing

For the GWTWMemories.com Website